1/1 Photo of Chocolate Carrot Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 2Add the eggs, oil and carrots.
- 3Beat until combined.
- 4Pour into prepared 9x13, cupcake liners or 9 inch round baking pans. If using 9-in. round baking pans, line with waxed paper, and grease the paper.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, (less if making cupcakes).
- 6Cool 10 minutes before removing from baking pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- 8In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, and butter.
- 9Beat until smoooth and fluffy.
- 10Beat in the powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla until smooth.
- 11If using 9-inch rounds:.
- 12Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread with half the frosting.
- 13Repeat layers.
- 14Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 356.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 73.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g