Recipe by Eldeevee
A combination of a chocolate cake and a carrot cake. An excellent moist cake recipe that was in our local newspaper years ago.
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice and set pineapple aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil, eggs, reserved pineapple juice and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Blend ingredients on low speed and beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in carrots and reserved pineapple. Pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Can frost with cream cheese frosting, but it is good as it is.