Recipe by Crisco Recipes
Courtesy of Crisco® You can always tell a Crisco® Shortening-made Cookie – if you can spot them before they're gone!
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 3⁄4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz. pkg.)
- 1 cup Smucker's® Caramel Sundae Syrups Ice Cream Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE oats, 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, shortening, water, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir with spoon until well blended. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining into bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Remove pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- SPRINKLE with nuts and chocolate chips.
- COMBINE caramel topping and remaining 1⁄4 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate chips to within 1⁄4 inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- RETURN to oven. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen from sides of pan with knife. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool. Cool completely.
- CUT into bars about 2 x 1 1/2 inches.