I love cardamom! I can't get enough of it, so I modified two other 'Zaar recipes (32204 and 97213) to satisfy my cardamom craving. Voilà, one more way to enjoy the subtle delights of cardamom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cardamom (the longer its been in your spice drawer, the more you should use)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (for ganache icing)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (for ganache icing)
- 1 tablespoon butter (for ganache icing)
- 1 cup pistachios (hulled and roughly chopped)
- 1Preheat over to 350°F.
- 2Grease two 8x8 glass pans or one larger pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the butter and cocoa powder.
- 4Add sugar, mix well.
- 5Add eggs and stir until well combined.
- 6Add vanilla, cardamom, and salt, stir well. Add in flour (until combined), but do not overmix.
- 7Spoon mixture into pan(s) and bake for approximately 25 minutes (depending on pan size), until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- 8Set brownies on rack to dry.
- 9Once brownies are out of the oven, to make the ganache icing, using a double boiler, combine the chocolate, cream, and butter. Keep stirring until combined.
- 10Remove mixture from heat. Stir occasionally until cool. Spread over brownies. Top with chopped pistachios.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cardamom Brownies With Chocolate Pistachio Icing
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g