Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy looking cheesecake from Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled shortbread cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chooped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan;set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. beat in milk and flour. Add eggs and egg yolk, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- cool on a rack for 10 minutes. carefully run a knife around the edges of pan and cool for 1hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or over night.
- Remove sides of pan. In a microwave melt chocolate and shortening stir until smooth. Top the cheesecake with pecans; drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel topping. Rifrigerate leftovers.