Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pretty easy and very tasty
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place sugars, corn syrup, half and half and chocolate in large heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to melt chocolate and dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to moderate and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until syrup reaches 248° F on candy thermometer (firm ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in butter and vanilla just until blended and butter melts.
- Pour into well greased 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Cool; cut into small squares.
- If desired, top each square with pecan half or almond slivers.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap or foil.
- Store in cool, dry place.