Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- In a sauce pan over medim heat, add chopped chocolate, sugar, salt, syrup and cream.
- Cover and boil 5 minutes.
- Boil slowly, stirring constantly, to firm ball stage (248 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove from heat.
- Add flavoring and stir until well blended.
- Pour quickly over nuts which have been placed in well-buttered pan.
- Allow to cool; cut into squares.
These are a wonderful recipe for caramels. I loved the idea of the chocolate in them, and decided to make them for my mom for her birthday. She loves both chocolate and nuts, so I knew she would love these as caramels are her favorite. She raved and raved about them with each bite and was stingy about passing them out :) That says it in a nutshell! Mike