Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't yet tried this recipe. Posted per recipe request. Cook time is only an estimate.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, syrup, salt, chocolate and 1 cup evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan.
- Stir constantly until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Gradually add remaining milk slowly, so that boiling does not stop.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, to firm-ball stage (248°F.).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into buttered 8 inch square pan.
- When cold, turn out on cutting board and cut into 3/4 inch squares.