Recipe by knitaholic
This came from a bonus section from Taste of Home magazine. They can be made into a modified turtle cookie, if you add the optional pecans.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 8 (1 5/8 ounce) chocolate candy bars
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Place unwrapped caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Place vanilla wafers on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Spread caramel mixture over vanilla wafers.
- Top each wafer with a square of chocolate bar.
- Place in 225 degree oven for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate with an icing knife.
- Top with pecans if desired.