Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
These cute little cookie snacks are great for parties because the vanilla wafers are just the right appetizer size. My favorite part? All of it! These are also great for just noshing in front of the tube. BUT be careful...if you're not paying attention, you'll eat 'em all!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft caramels
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 8 (1 5/8 ounce) hershey milk chocolate candy bars
- finely chopped pecans, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees or warm.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 3 minutes or until melted (watch closely to prevent scorching!). Stir until smooth (this is where I add my chopped pecans if I add any at all). Spread over the flat side of the vanilla wafers.
- Place on a baking sheet and top with a piece of chocolate (break them with the grids).
- Bake for 1-2 min or just long enough for the chocolate to melt. Spread the chocolate all over the caramel.