Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from a little booklet with my last TOH magazine. Haven't tried it, but wanted to post it here for later!
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled shortbread cookies
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars and vanilla until smooth. Beat in milk and flour. Add eggs and egg yolk, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Top the cheesecake with pecans; drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers.