Recipe by Manami
What can I say - I'm a true chocoholic and a glutton for punishment! This we tried and it was just too delicious. Found this on the godiva web site.In the posting I didn't allow for extra chilling & cooling times.
- 103.53 ml unsalted butter or 103.53 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, finely ground
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 354.88 ml cake flour
- 1 granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml water
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 22.18 ml unsalted butter or 22.18 ml margarine
- 2 large bananas
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml dark rum
CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER
- 5 (212.62 g) Godiva dark chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- toasted whole almond (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine at medium-high speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add confectioners' sugar, ground almonds and salt and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix at low speed until just blended.
- Scrape dough onto work surface and shape into a disc.
- Wrap the disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at leats 1 hour or overnight.
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll dough into an 11" circle.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of tart pan.
- Gently roll the rolling pin over rim of the tart pan to remove excess dough.
- Prick bottom dough with fork several times and place pan on cookie sheet.
- Cut a 10" square of parchment paper and place in tart shell over dough to cover the bottom.
- Fill shell with enoguh dry beans or dry rice to cover bottom and weigh down paper.(Can use waxed paper as well, if necessary).
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove weights and parchment paper and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- MAKE CARAMEL LAYER:.
- In medium, heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Stop stirring; increase heat to high and cook until syrup turns to dark amber caramel color.
- Remove from heat and carefully add cream(mixture will bubble up) corn syrup and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 240F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and very, very, very carefully pour caramel into tart shell.
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- ROAST BANANAS:.
- Without peeling the bananas, slice each in half lengthwise and arrange skin sides down in roasting pan.
- Brush butter or margarine over bananas, then sprinkle with sugar and rum.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until skind are black and banana flesh is golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLE THE TART:.
- Pour caramel layer evenly into baked and cooled tart shell.
- Carefully remove skin from roasted bananas.
- Cut each banana half crosswise into quarters.
- Arrange the quarters in circular pattern over caramle layer.
- MAKE GANACHE:.
- Place the chocolate in medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the cream to a gentle boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to sdtand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Gently whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over banana slices and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and/or almonds, if desired.