Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
What can I say - I'm a true chocoholic and a glutton for punishment! This we tried and it was just too delicious. Found this on the godiva web site.In the posting I didn't allow for extra chilling & cooling times.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter or 7 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva dark chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- toasted whole almond (optional)
- In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine at medium-high speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add confectioners' sugar, ground almonds and salt and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix at low speed until just blended.
- Scrape dough onto work surface and shape into a disc.
- Wrap the disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at leats 1 hour or overnight.
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll dough into an 11" circle.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of tart pan.
- Gently roll the rolling pin over rim of the tart pan to remove excess dough.
- Prick bottom dough with fork several times and place pan on cookie sheet.
- Cut a 10" square of parchment paper and place in tart shell over dough to cover the bottom.
- Fill shell with enoguh dry beans or dry rice to cover bottom and weigh down paper.(Can use waxed paper as well, if necessary).
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove weights and parchment paper and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- MAKE CARAMEL LAYER:.
- In medium, heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Stop stirring; increase heat to high and cook until syrup turns to dark amber caramel color.
- Remove from heat and carefully add cream(mixture will bubble up) corn syrup and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 240F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and very, very, very carefully pour caramel into tart shell.
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- ROAST BANANAS:.
- Without peeling the bananas, slice each in half lengthwise and arrange skin sides down in roasting pan.
- Brush butter or margarine over bananas, then sprinkle with sugar and rum.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until skind are black and banana flesh is golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLE THE TART:.
- Pour caramel layer evenly into baked and cooled tart shell.
- Carefully remove skin from roasted bananas.
- Cut each banana half crosswise into quarters.
- Arrange the quarters in circular pattern over caramle layer.
- MAKE GANACHE:.
- Place the chocolate in medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the cream to a gentle boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to sdtand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Gently whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over banana slices and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and/or almonds, if desired.