Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. Prep time includes 15 minutes prep & 30 minutes chill time.
- 3 bakers unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Microwave chocolate & margarine in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir 1 cup sugar into melted chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Stir in egg & vanilla until completely mixed.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, & salt.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in finely chopped nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, & make an indentation in each ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Microwave caramels & milk in microwaveable bowl on high 3 minutes or until melted, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Fill centers of cookies with caramel mixture.
- Place 1 square Bakers semi-sweet chocolate in a zipper-style sandwich bag.
- Close bag tightly.
- Microwave on high about 1 minute or until chocolate is melted.
- Fold own top of bag tightly and snip a tiny peice off 1 corner (about 1/8 inch).
- Holding top of bag tightly, drizzle chocolate through opening over cookies.