Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are yummy.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packageregular German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in top of a double boiler; cook, stirring constantly, until caramels are completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine dry cake mix, remaining 1/3 cup milk, butter and nuts; stir until dough holds together.
- Press 1/2 of cake mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate morsels, spreading evenly.
- Crumble remaining cake mixture over caramel mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 15 to 18 minutes; cool.
- Chill 30 minutes and cuts into small bars.
This is a really good recipe. I was going to add it too the zaar but saw it here already. Mine doesn't call for the nuts, which is good since I don't like them anyway. Thanks for posting this.