1/2 Photos of Chocolate Caramel Squares
No way to resist! These are wonderfully rich! A crunchy base with a creamy caramel filling topped off with not one but 2 kinds of chocolate...Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 ounces quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 ounce quality white chocolate chips
- 1Add all ingredients for crust, except butter, in a mixing bowl.
- 2With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Press the mixture into an 8-inch square cake pan.
- 4Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until just golden and firm.
- 5Cool in the pan.
- 6Place ingredients for caramel filling in saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 7Bring to a boil over low heat and boil very gently for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 8Pour the caramel filling over cookie base and allow to set.
- 9Melt the dark chocolate chips and spread over the caramel, allow to cool and set.
- 10When dark chocolate is set, melt the white chocolate and drizzle over top.
- 11Cut into squares and enjoy.
- 12DH suggested to use a pizza cutter to cut bar cookies and it works like a charm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Squares
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g