Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very rich and smooth dessert idea really good for potlucks!!!
- 4 sugar cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces unmelted butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 8 ounces chocolate, melts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Grease a shallow 12x 8 inch cake pan. Line the base and sides with foil and grease the foil. Mix together the cookies, melted butter and coconut milk. Press the mixture evenly into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Combine the condensed milk, extra butter, sugar and syrup in a small pan. Stir over low heat for 15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and the caramel is smooth thick and lightly browned. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly. Pour caramel over cookie base and smooth the surface.
- Put the chocolate melts and oil in a heatproof bowl. Half fill saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and place bowl of chocolate over the pan, making sure the base of the bowl is not sitting in the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread the chocolate mixture over the caramel. Allow to partially set before marking into 24 triangles. Refrigerate until firm.