Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted via a request. I found it via the net and it is from the Australian Women's Weekly Magazine.
- 80 g butter or 80 g margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup self-rising flour
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200 g milk chocolate, melted (Can use Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease a 20cm square baking pan. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Press into pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Set base aside while making caramel.
- Stir all ingredients over medium heat until thickened. Pour over base and spread evenly. Return to oven for a further 10-12 minutes (caramel should be lightly browned around edges). Allow slice to cool.
- Spread chocolate over caramel filling. Store slice in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Cut into squares before serving ( easier if you use a hot knife, or let the slice to sit at room temperature for a few minutes then cutting).
- yield is aprox.
Would not make again
man oh man did i love this, i couldn't resist but to make these again. Really easy to follow recipe, very clear. Thanks for posting. Miss Pixie