Recipe by Dine & Dish
My mother-in-law first introduced me to these wonderful cookies! If you like chocolate and caramel, then you will love these tasty treats!
Top Review by RMOM
I made these cookies with Pamela's All purpose gluten free flour. Out of 45 cookies baked on Friday, I have exactly 4 left on Tuesday. These are the most delicious cookies made with gluten free flour I have tasted yet. My family loved them as did my co-workers.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 rolos chocolate-covered caramel candies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Margarine, Eggs and Vanilla.
- Mix together until well blended.
- Add Flour, Cocoa and Baking Soda and mix well.
- Refrigerate and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 Rolo in the center of each dough ball.
- Form the dough ball around the majority of the rolo.
- Roll each dough ball in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 1 minute then take off and place on cookie cooling rack.