Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I first tasted this fondue at a friend's Christmas party about 8-9 years ago. I think just about everyone left that party with a copy of the recipe! I have served this at my own parties many times with great success. I enjoy serving this with strawberries, fresh pineapple chunks, cantaloupe, bananas, and sponge cake as the dippers. This makes enough fondue to partly fill a medium-sized crockpot.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄2 cup jam
- sponge cakes or poundcake, for dipping
- chunks fresh fruit, for dipping
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine chocolate chips, caramels, milk, butter, raspberry jam.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth- this may take a while, about 20-30 minutes (do not be tempted to rush things by raising the heat or your fondue will burn).
- When everything has melted together, pour into a either a fondue pot or a crockpot set on low heat.
- Serve along with a platter of bite-sized pieces of sponge cake, pound cake, and fresh fruit and some fondue forks or skewers to dip into the fondue.
I served this at the party and did get good reviews. I, however, thought it was a bit too sweet with the raspberry jam.