1/1 Photo of Chocolate Caramel Pie (No Bake)
3 hrs 30 mins
I first made this when I was 12 for my mother's birthday and has been one of my signature dishes ever since. This recipe is wonderful for special occasions when you really want to wow your audience. It is very rich and decadent but also requires a great deal of chill time to prepare (total of three hours chill time included in prep time). Please read the entire recipe before deciding to make and take the note at the bottom of the recipe into consideration. Plan ahead, it will be worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces graham cracker crust
- 1Caramel layer:.
- 2Cook sweetened condensed milk, butter, and sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts.
- 3Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for six minutes or until mixture is as thick as pudding.
- 4Pour over prepared crust and refrigerate one hour.
- 5Truffle layer:.
- 6Stir chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- 7Pour over caramel layer and refrigerate one hour.
- 8Mousse layer:.
- 9In a double broiler melt chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- 10Beat heavy cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat in cooled chocolate.
- 11Beat ice cold evaporated milk until trails form.
- 12Beat into chocolate mixture just until blended DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- 13Spread over truffle layer and refrigerate for one hour.
- 14NOTE 1: I put the evaporated milk in a metal bowl and place in freezer until ice crystals begin to form around the edges and then beat.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Pie (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g