Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Decadent. Chocolate. Caramel. What else can I say? Oh, yeah, easy.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 pecans, i toast the nuts
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can condensed milk, i use the low fat
- 1 egg, beaten i use egg beaters
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, melted,cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farhenheit.
- Sprinkle nuts in bottom of pie shell.
- In a small saucepan, melt the caramels with 2/3 cup condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, melted butter, remaining condensed milk: mix well.
- Stir in melted morsels.
- Pour mixture over caramel layer.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This was a good pie, easy too.
Decadent is an understatement! I could only eat a small piece because this pie is so rich. I was told I'd be invited back next thanksgiving if I promised to make it again. If I make it again I will prob try milk chocolate, will tast just like a candy bar.