Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is supposed to go with Cocoa Cookie Tartlet Dough (hopfully to be added to the site soon). To serve you simply pipe or spoon the dough into the dough-lined tartlet molds and let set at room temperature.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml water
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 170.09 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 9.85 ml dark rum (optional)
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine the water and sugar over medium heat until sugar colors to a deep amber.
- Take the sugar off the heat and add cream a little bit at a time. Watch out, the cream may splatter.
- Return the mixture to the heat, add butter, and return to a boil.
- Take the mixture off the heat again and add the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, so the chocolate can melt. Beat it smooth and whisk in the Rum (if you are using it).
- Let the filling set at room temperature and then fold in the pecans.
greart, easy recipe. Looks fantastic too - easy elegance. Loved this. I left out the rum and used milk chocolate.