Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped, toasted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- to taste pecan halves
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, stirring well.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Unwrap caramels; combine with milk and heat over low heat until caramels are melted, stirring often.
- Pour over graham cracker crust; sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over caramel layer and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in vanilla and chocolate; beat until blended.
- Spoon over pecan layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and run knife around edge of pan to release sides.
- Let cool t o room temperature on a wire rack; cover and chill at least 8 hours before serving.
- Top with pecan halves and serve.