1 hr 20 mins
This dessert is absolutely decadent! Because it is so sweet, I only make it for occasions such as Valentine's Day when you want to spoil your loved one. This recipe came from the test kitchens of Robin Hood Multifoods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package caramel (about 75 to a package)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely choppped toasted pecans
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- 3Over medium heat, cook and stir until melted and smooth.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat the oil and chocolate in a large saucepan or microwave in a large microwavable bowl at medium for 2 minutes or until melted.
- 6Add the water, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, baking soda and vanilla to the chocolate mixture.
- 7Beat with a fork until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 8Spread half the batter into a greased 13" x 9" cake pan.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the center is set.
- 10Remove from the oven.
- 11Spoon the caramel mixture evenly over the cake.
- 12Spread the remaining batter evenly over the caramel layer.
- 13Sprinkle with nuts.
- 14Return to the oven and bake 40 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 15Cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 424.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 58.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: