1/2 Photos of Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Bars
2 hrs 37 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
These are to die for! Now that I've got nut allergies to deal with in my household, I make these without the nuts and with extra crumb mixture (1 1/2 times the crumb mix), but the nuts are really good to cut the sweetness. The recipe is originally from a land-o-lakes pamphlet. Part of prep time is cool time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine all crumb ingredients in a large bowl, stopping after adding the salt. Beat at medium speed until mixture is crumbly (about 3 minutes). Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- 3Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Combine milk and caramels in a saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is creamy.
- 5Sprinkle partially baked crust with 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- 6Pour caramel mixture evenly over chips and nuts. Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture and pat lightly.
- 7Bake for 18-22 minutes or until caramel is bubbly around the edges.
- 8Cool completely. Melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips and spread over the top. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and pat lightly.
- 9When chocolate hardens, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g