Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another great recipe using a boxed cake mix. EASY EASY when you need something quick.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel topping (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Line bottom & sides of 13x9x2 with foil.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg with electric mixer on low speed about 1 minute or just until crumbly.
- Stir in oats, using hands if necessary.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over hot crust.
- Mix caramel topping and flour in small bowl; drizzle evenly over chocolate chips & nuts.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting (about 2 hours).
WOW these are really good! And easy to make. I took them to a pot luck and was asked for the recipe by several people. Made exactly as directed, except it took mine a little longer to get golden brown.
I made these for our Super Bowl party today. I had to sneak a piece and it was delicious! Love that these come from a box cake mix. They really couldn't be easier. After cooling, I sprinkled them with some powdered sugar. They look awesome! Thanks for the great recipe!
YUM!!! These were delicious (rich!) and really easy to make. Oh, and I didn't (couldn't) wait 2 hours. Only 1.