Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from a friend who use to demo Pampered Chef products. Think this is one of their recipes that became a family favorite.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 15 by 10 baking dish with nonstick. Combine the oats, 1 and 1/2 cups of the flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of oatmeal mixture. Press remaining amount of oatmeal mixture into and even layer on bottom of baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine caramel topping and remaining 1/4 cup flour in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over oatmeal crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Combine pecans and remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle over caramel layer. Then evenly sprinkle mixture with mini chocolate chips. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and bubbly.