Prep 20 mins
Cook 27 mins
Adopted recipe.This is pretty easy to make. They are very sweet and very sticky, but also very good.They go best with a tall, cold, glass of milk.Try to recuit help with unwrapping the caramels. They are a pain!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) package oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 32 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Cut butter into cookie mix in bowl until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of greased 9 x 13-inch pan, reserving 1 cup.
- bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Melt caramels in evaporated milk saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Pour over chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture. bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Cool completely, apprx. 1 hour.
- These are generous sized servings.If you cut the squares smaller, you can get more servings.
very good. It rained today, and the kids wanted to make cookies,they loved them. So did I. I did not make any changes. Any kid would love these. Thanks.