Recipe by *Z*
Adopted recipe.This is pretty easy to make. They are very sweet and very sticky, but also very good.They go best with a tall, cold, glass of milk.Try to recuit help with unwrapping the caramels. They are a pain!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) package oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 32 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into cookie mix in bowl until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of greased 9 x 13-inch pan, reserving 1 cup.
- bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Melt caramels in evaporated milk saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Pour over chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture. bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Cool completely, apprx. 1 hour.
- These are generous sized servings.If you cut the squares smaller, you can get more servings.