Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I haven't made these yet, but thought they would be a nifty addition to the holiday cookie tray. From Working Mother magazine.
- 6 ounces caramel squares (about 20)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies (40 thin cookies)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine caramels with water in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high power until melted and bubbling, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Press firmly on each marshmallow to flatten.
- Place on fork and roll in caramel until completely coated, letting excess drip off.
- With another fork, push marshmallow off onto flat (bottom) side of 1 chocolate cookie.
- Set second cookie flat side down on top to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining mallows and cookies.
- Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar- optional, but makes them look quite pretty.
- Let stand until caramel has set, about 30 minutes.