Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a snack to satisfy any sweet tooth. I make this for my son and his friends in the neighborhood, and it disappears within minutes.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces of pudding-included chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 35 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 12 ounces miniature M&M baking bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13" x 9" pan. In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and 2/3 cup of the milk. Mix well. Spread half of batter (about 2 cups) in greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat caramels with remaining 1/3 cup milk over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with 1 cup of the candy-coated baking bits. Drizzle with caramel mixture. Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoonfuls over caramel mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup of candy-coated baking bits.
- Return to oven, bake at 350 degrees F for an additional 20-24 minutes or until center is set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.
I too have made these for DS's to take for a long week-end with friends. These are so ooey gooey and rich that there's nothing to not like about these bars. I didn't have the mini M&M's and so I chopped coarsely a bunch of regular sized M&M's and also subbed in a handful of mini-chocochips. A great bar for your sweettooth!~ Made for PRMR.