This very easy and light Chocolate Cake wins hands down over any of the packet varieties - yet takes little more time. The Caramel Filling is so easy and transforms the cake into a real Gateau! Great for a special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter, golden syrup, water, sugar, cocoa and baking soda in a bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- 2Stir and leave to stand for 6 minutes.
- 3Add the flour, baking powder and egg.
- 4Blend for about 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- 5The consistency should be like that of batter.
- 6Pour mixture into a ring mould lined with plastic wrap.
- 7'Tap'on the bench to expel any air.
- 8Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- 9Leave to stand for 10 minutes before tipping out.
- 10CARAMEL FILLING: Empty 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk into bowl and microwave for 6 minutes- stirring well every minute until the mixture forms a golden caramel.
- 11When the cake is cool, slice in half (an electric knife comes in very handy here!), and spread liberally with the caramel.
- 12Sift icing sugar (confectioners' sugar) over the top.
- 13If preferred ice with'CHOCOLATE GANACHE'!
- 14Break 250g of dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl with 1/3 cup cream.
- 15Cook on MED for 1 minute only.
- 16Stir until smooth.
- 17DO NOT OVERHEAT.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Gateau
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.2
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 282.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g