Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe I adapted from a local fondue restaurant. This is comforting in winter and yet goes perfect with fresh summer fruits. Also a great way to serve dessert at a dinner party. One year for our neighbors for Christmas we layered all the ingredients substituting marshmallows for the marshmallow cream and w/o the cream in fancy gift bags. We tied it with ribbon and a tag explaining how to finish the recipe. What a hit!!!
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup double chocolate chips
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup caramels or 1⁄2 cup caramel apple dip
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup cream
- Melt caramels with 1/2 c cream.
- Add chips and save marshmallow cream for last.
- Use remaining cream to control thickness of fondue.
- Place fondue in electric fondue pot on low.
- We add 1/2 c loosely chopped pecans to make a turtle fondue.
- Serve with bananas, strawberries, angel food cake, bite size brownies, mini chocolate chip cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, apples etc.
This was great! DH brought home Caramel/Butterscotch sauce by accident and it was just incredable! Thanks for posting!
This was great and a lot of fun to do with kids. My kids helped cut up fruit and cake for the fondue. I used a cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips cause I couldn't find double and since all the other ingrediants were so sweet the semi-sweet chips evened it out I think.
Really good, we put less marshmallow cream, to cut down the sweetness. We used Strawberries, Bananas, Marshmallows and pretzels... the pretzels were a big hit!