Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy dessert!! Add whipped cream for extra pleasure. This comes from a dear friend.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and milk.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Place in greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In small saucepan melt caramels with water; add pecans.
- Cool for 3 minutes.
- Place squares of cake on plate; drizzle with caramel sauce.
Beware, this can be addictive!! It was so good, so easy, and so yummy! Chocolate and caramel, how can you go wrong with that? Thanks, Inez, for another great memory...