Recipe by periwinklejenn
A yummy, chocolaty take on the classic "cereal treat", courtesy of the wonderful Nigella Lawson. You can substitute for whichever candy bar and cereal you prefer. Enjoy! Prep time includes time to chill the bars after making.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Great take on the classic cereal treats! I stuck with the corn flakes and Milky Way combination, but I used the little one bite bars rather than the 2 oz bars because that's what I had on hand (I lost count how many I needed, but I weighed them out to 8oz). I didn't bother with the papers, I just scooped them out with a cookie scoop and placed them on a baking sheet to set. Yummy! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10 :)
- 4 (2 ounce) chocolate candy bars (2 oz. bars, recommended Milky Way)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (or other preferred cereal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the candy bars into bits and drop them into a saucepan.
- Add the butter and melt, over lowish heat, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula.
- When everything is melted (the nougat-like layer takes the longest to go), tip in the cereal and stir them, with your rubber spatula, in the chocolate mixture until they are all pretty well coated.
- Fill the mini muffin papers (about 40) with the mixture and put in the refrigerator, on a small sheet pan or tray, for at least 1 hour.