Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are so easy to make and so yummy! I got the recipe from DVO.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 48 Rolo chocolates
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, cover, and chill for about 1/2 hour (It's a little sticky if you don't chill the dough).
- Mix nuts (optional) with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Press each piece of dough around one piece of candy.
- Roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball of dough in the nut/sugar mixture and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes before moving to cooling rack.