Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't really care for cherries and I had a bag of caramels, so I addapted a chocolate cherry cookie recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 48 caramels, cut in half
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine flour and cocoa.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter in a med bowl on med speed until softened.
- Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping the side of the bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cooking sheet.
- Press down the centers with your thumb.
- Place a half caramel in the center of each cookie in the depression you made with your thumb.
- Combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate and milk mixture over each caramel, spreading to cover caramel.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes or until edges of cookie is firm.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.