8 hrs 40 mins
This recipe was published in the Dallas Morning News as one of the winners of their holiday cookie contest. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a 9-inch-square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang. Butter the paper.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat 9 T. butter and the brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour and 1/4 teaspoons salt, and beat until just combined. Press the dough evenly in the pan and bakc until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- 4Place the chopped chocolate in another bowl.
- 5Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high head until it turns amber in color, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add 6 T. butter, the cream, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 6Pour the mixture over the chopped chocolate. Let it stand for 2 minutes, then stir to combine and let it stand 10 minutes longer.
- 7Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 8Lift the parchment paper to remove the whole bar from the pan.
- 9Sprinkle with the sea salt, then trim edges and cut into 24 bars. The mixture may be sticky; wipe the knife often while cutting.
- 10Can be stored, refrigerated, for up to three days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Caramel Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 378.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g