Recipe by Chef mariajane
What a fantastic dessert cookie to be served after dinner. Can be easily frozen and brought out for those unexpected guests over the Holiday Season!!
Top Review by Sugar Fairy
These are addicting!! When I found this recipe, I knew I'd have to make it immediately. This is a total keeper. I love homemade caramel and your easy 2 ingredient recipe is fabulous. Thank you mariajane!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups chips milk chocolate chips (2 packages)
- 1 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 17x11 baking sheet and line with parchment paper overlapping the two ends for easy removal.
- COOKIE: Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and water until smooth. Add remainin 3 ingredients and beat until mixture is combined.
- Spread dough to cover prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- TOPPING: Meanwhile, over medium heat bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Stir to combine. Spread mixture over partially baked cookie dough. Return to oven and bake an additional 8 minutes until caramel is bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot caramel. Wait 5 minutes and spread melted chocolate over cookie, if using nuts, sprinkle over chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is set. Once at room temperature, break or cut slab into irregular pieces or into your favorite cookie cutter shapes.