You can prepare this in 2 aluminum foil pans. Freezes beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (8 ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package milk chocolate, and caramel swirled morsels divided
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 2Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, and soda, add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low spee until blended after each additon. Stir in vanilla.
- 4Spread half of batter into 2 greased 9-inch square pans.
- 5Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels evenly over batter in each pan.
- 6Spread remaining batter over morsels.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cakes begin to leave sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (There will be melted chocolate on pick but no wet batter.).
- 8Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 9Drizzle Powdered Sugar Glaze over warm cakes, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2/3 cup morsels.
- 10Powdered Sugar Glaze:.
- 11Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoon milk until smooth. Add additional milk if needed.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g