Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can prepare this in 2 aluminum foil pans. Freezes beautifully.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (8 ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package milk chocolate, and caramel swirled morsels divided
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda, add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low spee until blended after each additon. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread half of batter into 2 greased 9-inch square pans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels evenly over batter in each pan.
- Spread remaining batter over morsels.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cakes begin to leave sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (There will be melted chocolate on pick but no wet batter.).
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Drizzle Powdered Sugar Glaze over warm cakes, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2/3 cup morsels.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze:.
- Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoon milk until smooth. Add additional milk if needed.