Yummy and oh so tasty! The marshmallows make this nice and light and no one would guess that they are in there. Try not to serve these warm or at room temperature so the caramel isn’t in one chewy chunk!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, white
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut, divided (1/2 cup is optional)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 24 tart shells, frozen uncooked (3-inch size)
- 12 Kraft caramels, unwrapped and cut in half
- Place 24 frozen tart shells on baking sheets. Let tart shells come to room temperature while you are preparing filling.
- In a double boiler, add chocolate chips, marshmallows and ½ cup evaporated milk. Heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- At the same time, pour ½ cup evaporated milk, coconut milk and corn syrup into a small saucepan and place over lowest heat setting. Do not set any higher! Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand blender. Very slowly, beat in the barely-warm evaporated milk and coconut milk mixture. Slowly drizzle in chocolate mixture while beating on low speed. When mixed, stir in toasted sliced almonds and 1 cup shredded coconut.
- Fill each tart almost to the top with chocolate mixture. Put ½ a caramel on top of each filled tart. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, until shells are lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each tart with 1 teaspoon coconut (optional).
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before handling. Serve warm if possible.
Made these as written though I think I used the wrong size tarts, however they came out great. I tripled the recipe to take to a potluck and because I had the wrong tarts shells I had a ton of the chocolate batter left so will make a shortbread crust and make into bars. These look fancy and have a lots of flavors and textures in a small bite. Will definitely make again!! Made for Craze-E Contest #3.