Recipe by SilentCricket
The ad that I found this in recipe says, "Add some Ooh La La!" to your "fa la la!" I reckon this recipe may just do that!!!! (Cook time includes cooling time)(Thank you Kretschmer Wheat Germ!)
Top Review by Teresacooks
This recipe is easy! One bowl and you've got an impressive dessert to bring to a party. I made this in regular muffin tins - it is meant for mini-muffin tins - I liked the bigger size of the cakes, the cook-time was the same, although I'd knock a couple minutes off next time for a creamier texture. People couldn't believe that the crust was plain wheat germ. They were a big hit.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ, any flavor
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 36 small pecan halves
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- With paper towel, generously coat muffin cups with margarine.
- Divide wheat germ evenly among muffin cups; gently shake pans until bottoms and sides of cups are evenly coated with wheat germ.
- Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla; mix well.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until filling is barely set.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen with narrow spatula; lift out cheesecake bites.
- Cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve: top each cheesecake bite with small pecan half.
- Microwave caramel topping on HIGH for about 10 seconds until spoonable.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp.
- in center of each cheesecake bite.