Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
These special mini desserts have all the taste of a rich, chocolate-covered cheesecake.
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) packagereal semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- Heat oven to 350. Line 8 inch square baking pan with double thickness of aluminum foil, extending foil over ends of pan. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine caramels and half & half in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over crust in pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream. Pour over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until just set 2 inches from edges of pan. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Loosely cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan. Cut into 36 squares.
- Place cooling rack over large piece of waxed paper on counter. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in 1 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pierce each cheesecake square with fork. Spoon chocolate over top and sides of each cheesecake square, letting excess chocolate drop back into pan. Place onto cooling rack. Let stand about 20 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated.
I didn't try any of these yet but my family enjoyed them. My older brother who loves to pick on me about cooking even finally (I think for the first time) admitted that they were good. I didn't add the pecans because I don't like them and I didn't have four hours to let them sit so they cooled for the hour and that was it.
We did these for part of a Christmas present and they went over very well. They were also easier to put together than I had anticipated.
Turned out excellent! This recipe is incredible! :)