1 hr 35 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
If you want to really impress your guests at the holiday buffet, try these tasty bites of chocolate covered caramel cheesecakes. OMG! Caution, very addictive. I only make these during the holidays for an extra special treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted*
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups real semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 12 oz pkg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line 8-inch square baking pan with double thickness of aluminum foil, extending foil over ends of pan. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 2Combine caramels and half & half in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over crust in pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- 3Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream by hand. Pour over caramel mixture.
- 4Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until just set 2 inches from edge of pan. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Loosely cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan. Cut into 36 squares.
- 5Place cooling rack over large piece of waxed paper on counter. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (4 to 5 minutes). Pierce each cheesecake square with fork. Spoon chocolate over top and sides of each cheesecake square, letting excess chocolate drip back into pan. Place onto cooling rack. Let stand about 20 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 65.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g