Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love cheesecake, chocolate AND caramel! Garnish with caramel or chocolate sauce if desired. This cheesecake needs to refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 30 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Mix well and press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Pour on melted caramel/pecan mixture and chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the Caramel Filling:
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold 1/3 of the filling into the melted chocolate, then pour the chocolate mixture back into the filling and mix until no streaks remain.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Place a pan of water on rack underneath cheesecake as it bakes to help keep it from cracking.
- Cool in oven with door cracked open.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.
- **Cook time does not include chill time.