Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 25 mins
I found this recipe in Woman's Day magazine. It was submitted by Annie Abdai in Calgary. Thanks, Annie, for a scrumptious treat! Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray an 8x8" pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment, leaving a 3" overhang on two sides.
- Cream 6 tbsp of butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed and gradually add flour until fully incorporated. Press dough into prepared pan. Bake until set and golden brown at the edges, 16-18 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the condensed milk, corn syrup, molasses, and 5 tbsp butter. Stirring occasionally, bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Gently simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and pale golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and salt. Immediately spread the mixture over the crust. Refrigerate until set, 30-45 minutes.
- Place the chocolate and remaining tbsp of butter in a microwave save bowl; cook on high until beginning to melt, 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread over caramel and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1" squares.