Prep 15 mins
Cook 39 mins
If you like Turtles you'll love these brownies
Make and share this Chocolate Caramel Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Peel paper off caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- This is the caramel sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter, and chopped pecans.
- Place 1/2 of the batter in prepared baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- Place the remaining batter into the fridge.
- Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate chips.
- Remove brownie mix from refrigerator.
- Using a teaspoon, makesmall balls with the batter and smash flat.
- Very carefully, place on top of the Carmel sauce until the top is completely covered.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
I also have this recipe and they are very good. Time consuming but worth it. I always get requests to make these.
My family has this recipe too! They are my favorite treat. We have never put pecans in them, but other than that they are the same. Great!!
Very Good - everyone loved them at church. Pan is empty. I would put more nuts in next time.