Recipe by NewAussieMum
This is absolutely my most popular recipe, I've decided to post it so it can't ever be lost! Amazingly rich and yummy. I make it every party/Christmas and would be in big trouble if it didn't show up. But I have to make an extra batch for me and my partner to gobble beforehand :) My Mum cut out a "50 best chocolate recipes" segment from a magazine, the recipes were chosen by food editors of magazines like Gourmet Traveller. I've never moved beyond this recipe as it's definitely no. 1! I like to use a smaller square cake tin for thicker brownies, rather than a slab.
- 175 g butter, chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain flour
- 200 g jersey caramels, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20x30cm lamington (slice) tin. Line the base and two long sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, sifted flour and Jersey caramels, mix well. Pour into tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 30 mins or until firm to touch. Leave to cool in tin for about 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.