Recipe by Lady Lamington
This does not last long in our house, it is too yummy! I found the recipe in a "Woman's Day" magazine while waiting at the doctor's once. You've got to fill in that long wait some how. LOL.
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 380 g top n fill caramel, mixed well
- cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease & line 18 x 28cm slice pan.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, dark chocolate and hot water. Stir over low heat 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl, cool.
- Sift flours and cocoa; fold into chocolate mixture along with the egg.
- Spoon 1/2 mixture into pan.
- Drizzle with caramel.
- Cover with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan & then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 squares or 24 smaller rectangles and dust with cocoa.